The application management dialog manages the following types of script events:
- Post Install – These scripts will run right after an application has been successfully installed.
- Post Launch – These scripts will run right after a process has been successfully launched that belongs to an installed application. These scripts will run even if the application was installed earlier.
- Post Uninstall – These scripts will run right after an application has been successfully uninstalled.
- Pre Install – These scripts run right before an application is installed but only if system requirements are met.
- Pre Launch – These scripts run right before a process is launched that belongs to an installed application managed by RASM.
- Pre Uninstall – These scripts run right before an application is uninstalled.
Script files are uploaded using the “Upload” button and can be configured to run as the logged in user or the system user. The Logged in user typically has more rights to access network resources and has a typical group of user environment settings. Scripts run as the system user will have higher privileges to local file and registry settings but won’t have any rights to access network resources. The “Wait for Script” option being set to “True” causes the agent to wait to execute other scripts or to continue on installing/uninstalling until the current script process hasn’t finished. Administrators can also pass parameters to the script using the “Parameters” field.